Jacky's

The personal web log of Jacky Carstens

7:20:00 PM

Estelles Pea Soup( So easy!)

Posted by Unknown |

A few weeks ago it was cousing birthday party and she decided that a port and soup evening will be great for her birthday geust of 50.
She made her peasoup on the wednesday evening. Friday my cousing Oscar phoned me and ask if I would come over to the house. Well got there cousin was not herself. Oscar asked me to taste the soup she made, and shame something went wrong. So I offered to be the hero and make her my pea soup for the saturday.
I dedicated this recipe to Estelle for being a great hostes when she has dinner parties on the farm.

This recipe is very easy and not expensive at all and you can feed an army.

Ingredients

1 packet(500g) dried peas
1 packet(500g) baceon diced
2 onions chopped
2 medium potatoes(pealed and grated)
1/2 t crashed garlic
oil
2l water

Method:

Fry the chopped onion in the oil till brown. Add the bacon and fry till soft.
Put 1 liter of water into pot and add the potatoes and the dried peas.
Let it cook till it you dont see the peas anymore.
Throw the rest of the water into the pot and simmer for about 30min at low temperature.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I usually serve bread with my soup.


Subscribe